Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Killing Us Softly

I really loved watching Killing Us Softly. I knew that I was getting the idea that I needed to be this person it's impossible to be, but I didn't know it was literally impossible to be the model type girl we see in magazines. These girls we look up to are edited, and if they aren't they are dying from looking that "good". What was terrible is while I was watching that film, I was thinking wow those girls are so skinny, they look so good! And I never knew where I got the idea that being stick skinny was gorgeous, but now I know the media puts it in my head. There is a website called Tumblr that I've noticed really impacts me. It has the perfect girls, perfect couples, perfect everything. It's really changed my view of myself and makes me want to be more like those types of people. Everything around us really impacts us, so we have to be careful what we surround ourselves with.

2 comments:

  1. I had a similar reaction when I saw the ads featured in the movie, I instantly recognized that the models were gorgeous and the movie made me aware of that. It was a very dramatic difference between what the models looked like before the editing and after, and I really question why it's necessary to do it in the first place since all it's doing is hurting the self-esteem of American girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Brette! Now go the next step and bring those positive influences around you!

    ReplyDelete