Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Special Olympics (Community Service)

I volunteered at the Special Olympics for Bocce Ball on April 22nd from 8:30am-3:00pm. Before going to this event I was excited because I have worked with people with special needs quite a bit and I am very good at it. My expectations were that it was going to be a long day, that might get a tad boring, but in reality it was a long day, but not boring. I had a lot of fun interacting with the different people that came to play Bocce Ball at my court. There was a elderly woman named Laura at my court that needed a lot of attention, but I really liked her. She wasn't very talkative, but just something about her I enjoyed. I also liked her friend Jane, that was also at my court. She was so happy. What I did while I was there was keep score and talk with the players. I really enjoyed talking with everyone that was there. When I am around people with special needs I appreciate everything that I have. It also reminds me that I should be happy because of everything I have. Jane really helped me realize this because she was so happy all the time, and she has so many daily struggles. I really enjoyed going to this event and look forward to doing more things like it in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment