Thursday, March 1, 2012

God Grew Tired of Us

I really liked the movie God Grew Tired of Us. I found it sad, amusing and eye opening. It helped me understand that other cultures don't have everything that we have here in the US, like electricity. And because we are in the culture with the electricity and other things, we think it's a little crazy that they don't have that stuff. But other cultures looking in on the United States think things we do are strange too. Like in the movie the men felt so alone because everything they did was alone; they had no time for family, and that was a big problem for them. In America we are used to seeing our family for only half of the day, and it is enough for us. Other cultures are a lot more family oriented than we are though. Contrary to these guys, sometimes I get a little hectic if I don't have my personal time. Every morning on the bus I like to listen to music and not talk to anyone, and if I don't get that my day is a little different. People in America need more time to themselves, while other countries want to be in a community for the most part of their day.

No comments:

Post a Comment