 |
| This is the face of a thankful child. |
This week we learned about sociological mindfulness, and that is how I personally, or any other individual, is impacting the world. I think that a lot of people understand how someone else could impact them, but don't really see as much how they could impact another. Every decision you make in a day can affect some one else. Understanding that our actions could affect another's chance of having a good life is really important. I went on a mission trip last summer, I didn't know it was called being sociologically mindul, but I started to realize that I was making a difference in those kids life. All of the bible studies and fixing up schools, I was making a change. I was influencing them and making their lives a little better. We said in class that sociological mindfulness can be kind of selfish because you want to leave a legacy sort of in the world, but in some ways it's the complete opposite. That mission trip did make me proud of myself, but I know that I helped improve that city.
I know the feeling. I went on a mission trip many years ago and worked with kids and you don't realize how much your work affects them. That it's for the better. Nice observation.
ReplyDeleteSo Cool! I hope you'll share more experiences about your trip as the semester continues.
ReplyDelete