Thursday, May 24, 2012

Crash

I really loved the movie Crash. It gave extreme examples of racism, but these examples are in our daily lives. The movie helped us realize our biasts towards certain races. The movie really helped me think about what I would do in certain situations. It also really helped me think about what type of implicit racism I have, because I try not to be racist, but sometimes it just comes out. For example, the policeman was trying really hard not to be racist, and even left his partner because he was too racist, but in the end his racism came out when he assumed the man he picked up had a gun in his hand. We can try really hard to not be racist, but sometimes it still comes out. It is really hard to not be racist at all, but we have to try in order to accept everyone the way they are.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that the notions of implicit racism are very overlooked in our society but are still prevalent. Even though I agree with you that Crash showed very extreme examples, it was very successful in getting it's message across.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that sometimes being racist happens but we should all try our best to not let it show. I have many friends who are of different races and I have learned to embrace that.

    ReplyDelete